Follow Larry James' Relationship Twitter
Larry's Relationship BLOG!
Larry's Wedding BLOG!
About Larry James
Larry's Book Store
Relationship Articles MENU
Personal Relationship Coaching
Frequently Asked Questions
Media Press Pass - (For Radio, TV, Magazine, Internet & eZINE Producers & Editors)
Seminars & Keynotes:
Making Relationships Work:
Personally and Professionally
The 10 "Commitments"
Networking: Making the
QuickLinks to Larry's
How to Really Love the
One You're With
LoveNotes for Lovers
Red Hot LoveNotes for Lovers
SPECIAL Books for Business
Ten Commitments of Networking
The First Book of LifeSkills
Business Leaders Speak About
Church Leaders Speak About
Relationship Speakers Network:
Dr. John Gray, Ph.D.
Michael Najarian, M.A.
MORE Good Stuff:
Larry James & Barbara Walters
Larry James' Family Fotos
SPECIAL Relationship Pin Offer!
Links to More Relationship Sites
Larry's eMall - Secure eShopping
With Your Mouse!
Special LINKS for:
Authors & Speakers
Use the Google Search Engine to find whatever you want on 750+ pages on CelebrateLove.com!
Larry's Wedding BLOG - Something new about weddings every 4th day!
Take this quiz to see if you can identify some of the common myths about this condition.
Here are the answers:
- True or False - Asthma is "all in the mind."
- True or False - You will "grow out of it."
- True or False - Asthma can be cured, so it is not serious and nobody dies from it.
- True or False - You are likely to develop asthma if someone in your family has it.
- True or False - You can "catch" asthma from someone else who has it.
- True or False - Moving to a different location, such as the desert, can cure asthma.
- True or False - People with asthma should not exercise.
- True or False - Asthma does not require medical treatment.
- True or False - Medications used to treat asthma are habit-forming.
- True or False - Someone with asthma can provoke episodes anytime they want in order to get attention.
- False - Asthma is not a psychological condition. However, emotional triggers can cause flare-ups.
- False - You cannot outgrow asthma. In about 50% of children with asthma, the condition may become inactive
in the teenage years. The symptoms, however, may reoccur at anytime in adulthood.
- False - There is no cure for asthma, but the disease can be controlled in most patients with good
medical care. The condition should be taken seriously since uncontrolled asthma may result in emergency hospitalization and possible death.
- True - You have a 6% chance of having asthma if neither parent has the condition; a 30% chance
if one parent has it; and a 70% chance if both parents have it.
- False - Asthma is not contagious.
- False - A new environment may temporarily improve asthma symptoms, but it will not cure asthma.
After a few years in the new location, many persons become sensitized to the new environment and the asthma symptoms
return with the same or even greater intensity than before.
- False - Swimming is an optimal exercise for those with asthma. On the other hand, exercising in
dry, cold air, may be a trigger for asthma in some people.
- False - Asthma is best controlled by having an asthma management plan designed by your doctor
that includes the medications used for quick relief and those used as controllers.
- False - Asthma medications are not addictive.
- False - Asthma attacks cannot be faked.
P.O. Box 12695
Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Fax 480 998-2173