Time to kick-back, relax and. . .
have some G R I N S!!
I believe that laughter is the very best medicine. A sense of humor can come in handy. On this page you will find
some FunStuff that I thought might brighten up your little corner of the world. Enjoy!
My, my! How things change! What "were" they teaching our young girls?
You won't believe this brief review of a 1950's Home Economics textbook and a humorous look at a Y2K version.
Remember the good times? Click here for a quiet trip down memory lane. Especially for you "fans" of the fifties!
Larry's T-Shirt e-Shop - FunStuff to wear! FunStuff to drink from!
FunStuff on which to put your mouse! FunStuff briefs and hats and caps, and. . . much more! Your purchase promotes healthy love relationships and this website.
Let Larry James guess your number! To view all the number in the box below, remember to use the scroll bar.
How does he do it? He'll never tell. Just like a man (Martian). Always right! (Hee, hee!)
A recent company memo:
Notice: Our company requires no further physical fitness programs. Everyone gets enough exercise:
- Jumping to conclusions
- Beating around the bush
- Running down the boss
- Going around in circles
- Dragging their feet
- Dodging responsibility
- Passing the buck
- Climbing the wall
- Wading through paperwork
- Pulling strings
- Throwing their weight around
- Stretching the truth
- Bending the rules
- Pushing their luck
- Starting the ball rolling
- Bending over backwards
- Balancing the books
- Jumping on the bandwagon and
- Putting their foot in their mouth
Yeah! It's hot in Arizona (I live in Scottsdale) during the summer time, but while you are slipping and sliding on your snow covered roads, we are enjoying 60 and 70 degree weather which is why we live here.
You know you're from Arizona when. . .
1. You buy salsa by the gallon. Come back soon. . . There's more "FunStuff" on the way!
2. You think a red light is merely a suggestion.
3. You think someone driving wearing oven mitts is clever.
4. Most restaurants in your town have the first name "El" or "Los".
5. You think 6 tons of crushed rock makes a beautiful yard.
6. You notice your car overheating before you drive it.
7. You say "Hohokam" and people don't think you're laughing.
8. You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
9. You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
10. You can say, "115 degrees." without fainting.
11. You can be in the snow, then drive for an hour and be 100 degrees.
12. Golf carts and cattle have the right-of-way.
13. People break out coats when temperature drops below 70 degrees.
14. Your cars leather seats stop being a luxury and become a torture device.
15. The pool is far warmer than your own external body temperature.
16. You can make sun tea instantly.
17. Kids ask. "What's a mosquito?"
18. The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance..
19. You can finish a "Big Gulp" in 10 minutes and go back for seconds.
20. The water from the cold water tap is hotter than what comes out of the hot one.
21. You can (correctly) pronounce the words: Sahuaro. Gila Bend. San Xavier, Canyon de Chelly, Mogollon Rim, Baloquivari, Cholla and Ajo.
22. You can smell water long belore you see it.
23. You carry a comb and tweezers while hiking - not for beauty - but to remove imbedded cactus spines.
24. You step out of the shower and reach for a towel but you're dry before it you get to it.
25. Every governor in recent times seems to have been left in the sun too long.
26. Border Patrol agents outnumber citizens 2 to 1.
27. You love summers heat because it makes all the snow birds (winter visitors) fly north and you can finally find a parking space at Safeway.
28. You wear your sun-induced wrinkles like a badge of honor.
29. The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
30. The trees are whistling for the dogs.
31. You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
32. The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
33. You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
34. You discover that you can get sunburned through your tinted car window.
35. You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
36. You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.
37. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
38. You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
39. The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
40. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
41. The cows are giving evaporated milk.